Saturday, September 5, 2015

Disney World Trip Report: Days 3, 4, & 5

Welcome back to my Disney World trip report! Make sure to catch up with days 1 & 2 if you haven't already!

Day Three

On day three I slept in a little later and didn't make it to the Magic Kingdom until 12:30! But that's half the fun of vacation, right? Getting to sleep in! As soon as I got there I met up with a couple ladies from a Facebook group to get lunch at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe. We got to sit close to Sonny Eclipse, who sings the funniest songs! I've never gotten to sit near him before. I had the veggie burger with fries and we hung out and talked for a couple hours before heading over to Sunshine Tree Terrace for Dole Whip floats!


I had to leave soon after because I had FastPass+ reservations elsewhere. I bade farewell to the Magic Kingdom and hopped a bus to Hollywood Studios around 5pm. I had some time to kill before any FastPasses once I got there so I browsed the shops for awhile. It was also really nice to get out of the heat!

My first FastPass was for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which is also one of my favorite rides! I noticed something new while I was in the library section of the queue. Up on the highest shelf was what I thought had to be one of the most terrifying creatures ever to exist...

It was. It was one of those stupid, tiny Twilight Zone aliens from the scariest episodes ever made!! Nope, nope! Once I escaped from that room I got a quick pass to the front of the line because I was by myself. The ride itself was great!!

I spent a little more time wandering around before I got a text from a friend who lives in the area. She invited me to dinner at the California Grill, which is on top of the Contemporary Resort. I had to really rush to get there in time, but I made it!

Dinner was totally amazing and so was the conversation!! The restaurant was beautiful! I had gnocchi and a glass of Malbec. Once we were finished eating we headed over the the Bay Lake Tower. Since I'm a Disney Vacation Club member I was able to get us up to the Top of the World Lounge, a members only area. I left her shortly after, but first got an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom at night!

Day Four

Noooo! My last full day at Disney World! I planned to spend the full day at Epcot, so I wasn't too worried about sleeping in a little (again). I got to Epcot around 12:30 and sped right over to Spaceship Earth, my favorite ride! I absolutely LOVE the ride through history!

Next I went over to Journey Into Imagination with Figment. I know that most people loved the older version of the ride and hate the new one, but I never got to see that one so I don't have anything to compare this to! I enjoy it though.

The Land was my next stop! I took a (not so quick) ride on Living with the Land where I got to take a closer look at Epcot's greenhouses! I also saw the creepy farmhouse that is the subject of this creepy story I've shared on a past Spine Tingling Saturday.

When I got off the ride, one of the ladies I'd had lunch with the previous day was on her way into the park and we decided to meet up at Sunshine Seasons for lunch. I had the vegan noodle entree and a carrot cake cupcake.

After lunch I took a quick ride with Nemo at The Seas before doing another ride on Spaceship Earth. By this time it was starting to rain so I spent some time in Mexico shopping and taking a quick boat ride!

I had dinner plans at 5:45 with a woman I'd met on a Disney forum I frequent. We met at Spice Road Table, a new restaurant in Morocco. We were seated outside and settled in for some really interesting conversation! She is from the Netherlands, but currently lives in London. We talked for a few hours before heading out of the park for the night.

Day Five

Nothing exciting happened on day five. I woke up early, had my oatmeal, and hit the road. On the drive back I listened to We All Looked up by Tommy Wallach (review to come) and hit some REALLY heavy and terrifying rain! I also saw a tiny dog at a gas station in South Carolina and called animal control. Hopefully they were able to get him somewhere safe! The nine hour drive came to an end around 6:30pm and then it was back to reality...