You will find that a few things have changed (for the better) including:
✷ New Badges – These individual badges will be emailed personally to each participant once said participant has read and reviewed the highest number of books required for that specific level (see below). For example, in order to obtain the Recruit badge, you will need to have read and reviewed a total of 5 dystopian books. To receive the Rebel badge, you will need to have read and reviewed a total of 10 dystopian books; so on, and so on. You set your own personal goal and you decided how you want to display your badge (i.e. sidebar, reading challenge page, a blog post, etc.).
✷ Quarterly Giveaways – We will be hosting quarterly Giveaways! These Giveaways will be exclusive to all the Dystopia Reading Challenge participants. Further details will be provided in our Monthly Dystopia Newsletter
✷ Monthly Dystopia Prompts & Review Link-ups – Claudia and I truly love book blogging and bibliophiles, in general, and so we figured, what better way to share our love for all things dystopia then to participate in monthly dystopian prompts with all you lovely bookworms! That’s right! Each month we will include a dystopian prompt in our Monthly Dystopia Newsletter where you will be invited to participate! Please note that there are no obligations in this part of the challenge is ― it's completely optional. We strongly believe that reading challenges are meant to be fun and to help create a community that exchanges similar interests – like books, and in this case, repressive governments & revolutionists!
✷ Monthly Dystopia Newsletter – We will be emailing a monthly newsletter to every participant with exclusive content on our Giveaways, monthly dystopian prompts, upcoming dystopian book releases, book-turned-movie releases, challenge updates and so much more!
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
- You can join at anytime before October 15, 2016.
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2016.
- Audiobooks, re-reads, short stories, and crossovers are fine.
- You don't have to be a book blogger to participate! You can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc.
- Sign up on the designated Linky below with your post, shelf, etc. and leave a comment letting us know what your personal goal is.
- Link up your reviews each month via the provided Linky!
Read and review 1-5 dystopian books to receive the Recruit badge.
Read and review 6-10 dystopian books to receive the Rebel badge.
Read and review 11-15 dystopian books to receive the Revolutionist badge.
Read and review 16+ dystopian books to receive the Leader badge.
(My personal challenge goal will be Leader - Track my progress HERE)
Challenge Update Schedule
- March 17th - First Quarter Update & Giveaway
- June 18th - Second Quarter Update & Giveaway
- September 17th - Third Quarter Update & Giveaway
- December 17th - Challenge Wrap-Up & Giveaway
- January Link-up
- February Link-up
- March Link-up
- April Link-up
- May Link-up
- June Link-up
- July Link-up
- August Link-up
- September Link-up
- October Link-up
- November Link-up
- December Link-up
Lists to Get You Started
How to Sign Up
- Enter your information in the Linky tool below as follows: Your name @ Your blog name (i.e. Tracy @ Cornerfolds).
- If you are a blogger, grab the button below, create a blog post or page letting us know you are participating in this challenge and what your personal goal is ― be sure to link back to this post!
- If you are not a blogger, you can use Goodreads (or any other book tracking site) and create a shelf for the challenge and link to that
- Lastly, Tweet about the reading challenge!
Grab the button for your post!