Welcome back to the Horror Reading Challenge!
This year you will find a few changes to the challenge:
First of all are the challenge badges, which you will win by completing the highest number of books for that level. For example, to receive the Running Scared badge, you will have to read and review 5 books. These will be emailed to you at the conclusion of the challenge!
Another change is how reviews will be linked up. This year, instead of one linkup, I will be making a monthly post for your reviews! This way everyone will get a chance to check out what you've been up to!
Finally, giveaways will be handled a little differently this year. Halfway through the year, I will be giving away a Book Depository credit, which all participants will have an equal chance at winning. At the end of the year, however, the badge you earn will also determine which giveaway you will be entered to win (see below)! The more books you read, the better prize you'll be entered for!
**Update**We now have a Goodreads group for the challenge where we will be doing monthly group reads and discussing the books we love! You can join the group by clicking here!
**Update #2**I'm excited to announce that the challenge has a new co-host! Please join me in welcoming Lilyn from Sci-Fi and Scary, who will be co-hosting the challenge throughout the rest of 2016!
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
- You can join at anytime before October 15, 2016.
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2016.
- Audiobooks, re-reads, short stories, and crossovers are fine.
- You don't have to be a book blogger to participate! You can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc.
- Sign up on the designated Linky below with your post, shelf, etc. and leave a comment letting us know what your personal goal is.
- Link up your reviews each month via the provided linky!
Read and review 1-5 horror books to receive the Running Scared badge and receive an entry into a giveaway to win a $5 gift card!
Read and review 6-10 horror books to receive the Brave Reader badge and receive an entry into a giveaway to win a $10 gift card!
Read and review 11-15 horror books to receive the Fearless badge and receive an entry into a giveaway to win a $15 gift card!
Read and review 16+ horror books to receive the Horror Hound badge and receive an entry into a giveaway to win a $20 gift card!
(My personal challenge goal will be Horror Hound - Track my progress HERE)
Challenge Update Schedule
- March 17th - First Quarter Update
- June 16th - Second Quarter Update & Giveaway
- September 22nd - Third Quarter Update
- December 22nd - Challenge Wrap-Up & Giveaway
- January Link-up
- February Link-up
- March Link-up
- April Link-up
- May Link-up
- June Link-up
- July Link-up
- August Link-up
- September Link-up
- October Link-up
- November Link-up
- December Link-up
Lists to Get You Started
How to Sign Up
- Enter your information in the Linky tool below as follows: Your name @ Your blog name (i.e. Tracy @ Cornerfolds).
- If you are a blogger, grab the button below, create a blog post or page letting us know you are participating in this challenge and what your personal goal is ― be sure to link back to this post!
- If you are not a blogger, you can use Goodreads (or any other book tracking site) and create a shelf for the challenge and link to that
- Lastly, Tweet about the reading challenge using #2016HorrorChallenge!
Grab the button for your post!