This is a brand new feature in which I will host book vs movie showdowns. I'm hoping to feature some unique combos that aren't the typical inconsistencies-type post and I plan to focus mostly on retellings.
- » The Phantom of Manhattan vs. Love Never Dies
- » Hook & Jill vs. Pan (2015)
- » Never Never vs. Peter Pan (2003)
- » Princess of Thorns vs. Maleficent
- » Crane vs. Sleepy Hollow
- » Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets book vs. movie
- » Of Metal and Wishes vs. The Phantom of the Opera
- » Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone book vs. movie
- » Such Wicked Intent vs. Victor Frankenstein
- » Down & Out in the Magic Kingdom vs. Escape from Tomorrow
- » Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban book vs. movie
- » Inferno book vs. movie
Occasionally I also post discussions. These vary in topics so I can't really put them under one snazzy title. They are lots of fun though since they create fantastic platforms for discussion (hence the name)!
- » How Important are Character Names? (And Why do I Forget them so Often?)
- » Why reading is basically the same as cardio
- » Should fan fiction count ever towards reading goals?
- » 5 Recommendations that really didn't work out
- » My absolute favorite movies based on books: adult edition
- » My absolute favorite movies based on books: kids' edition
- » Ratings from before the blog (with no justification)
- » The plight of book bloggers in 2016
- » Women vs. men in YA fiction
- » Goodreads and pre-publication reviews
- » Bookish pet peeve: When characters make decisions for each other
- » Commenting back and why you should do it
- » #booksfortrade entitlement (and why it's a problem)
- » Five times I shouldn't have judged by the cover
- » When life gets in the way of bookish things
- » Bookish pet peeve: Blurb comparisons
- » The best & worst of audiobooks, revised
- » Sarah J. Maas is writing all the books!
- » In which I share my top 5 reader confessions
- » How accurate do you like your fiction?
- » Why people who don't post spoiler warnings are the worst
- » Thoughts on J.K. Rowling's new Harry Potter "books"
- » Do you finish series you don't love?
- » Do author interactions influence your reading habits?
- » On review requests that ignore review policies
- » Are YA characters actually young adults?
- » So what is dystopia, really?
- » When you get your books crossed
- » Reading to stay relevant in the book blogging world
- » Agree to disagree: voicing opinions without being rude
- » On the issues: Mockingjay Part 2
- » Authors who can't let go
- » Reading for your brain: an experiment
- » Five types of Goodreads reviews that annoy me greatly
- » Five female character types I hate
- » The book buying conundrum
- » Musings on book ratings
- » 5 reasons I buy books online
- » My bookshelf runneth over... with books I don't read
- » I don't understand people who don't read
- » I don't think I know what YA is
- » Tips for mad commenting skills
- » The curse of being a mood reader
- » YA shaming: the lack of YA representation at my university
- » Let's talk "grown up" books
- » The best & worst of audiobooks
- » What the heck is a book buying ban?
- » Bad boys in YA literature
- » Musings on genres and second chances
This feature is all about Disney and it will be popping up on the blog on random Saturdays. Now that I live so close to Disney World and will be able to go often, I want to share the Disney magic with you, my lovely readers! I'll be posting things from Disney movie reviews to reviews of Disney restaurants.
Past Disney Magic:
- » Reviewing all the gingerbread
- » 5 sequels I will never, ever touch
- » Top 5 best sequels ever
- » Disney World dessert parties
- » Top 5 Disney Channel movies
- » Under-appreciated films, pt 2
- » My Disney-themed home
- » Stranded at Disney World
- » Under-appreciated films
This is a feature that began when Cornerfolds first started. I stopped doing it because of lack of participation, but I've decided to bring it back and see what happens! Spine-tingling Saturday is a Saturday review of my favorite internet horror story (or stories) for the week. Because online authors need love too!
Past Spine-tingling Posts:
- » Correspondence (+ author interview)
- » The Mold Series (+ author interview)
- » The darker side of Disney
- » The Weirdness (+ author interview)
- » Spire in the Woods (+ author interview)
- » Who Was In My Bed?
- » Ghostly Messages
- » Infected Town
- » FB Messages From Beyond the Grave
- » Life in the Machine
Each Sunday I post a recap of the previous week. This includes a short recap of what has been going on in my (not very) super exciting life, the books I acquired throughout the week, posts from the week, what I read, and a list of upcoming reviews. Find past recaps here!